Refocusing


Though I've been 'missing' from the blogosphere of late, I have been lurking in among the myriad blogs out there, sussing out the good and the bad, the funny and the sad, trying to figure out where I fit in amongst the crowd.

There are fantastic blogs out there; ones I return to again and again. Those whose posts I am so loathe to miss that I have them delivered to my inbox as soon as they are posted.

I have learned some invaluable lessons about blogging during my hiatus. Lessons I intend to implement to take this damn blog in hand. Here are a few of those 'pearls of wisdom' that I have absorbed in my blogosphere travels:


1. Don't feel pressured to post every single day. I would much rather read two or three phenomenal and relevant posts in a week rather than seven mediocre and irrelevant ones.

2. Keep it pithy. Like I said, there are so many blogs out there to consume. If it's too wordy, I tend to skip that read for the day..just saying..

3. Be real, be sincere, be genuine..you get the picture. I want to relate to you. I want to know that I'm not the only woman who agonizes over the muffin top/grey pubes/southward bound boobies.

4. Be freaking funny. Really, life is far too serious sometimes. Make me blow that snot bubble or two. It burns extra calories, releases those 'feel good' endorphins and makes me come back for more.

So here I am to announce that this blog is going to be refocused, retooled, and (hopefully) more relevant.

My life is complicated and frequently resembles a sitcom (think Family Guy). I'm not a new mom, my kids are no longer babies. I have entered middle age whether I like it or not, and I don't. I have four children, two of which are teenagers. One of my children is special needs. I've been married, divorced and married again. I am me and I am you.

Let's talk about the issues that affect those of us who struggle in the never-never land of 'middle age'. From our quest to find that perfect anti-aging cream, the secret to getting along with your teenage daughter, how to find the time and the energy to maintain some semblance of a marriage...you name it, I'll gripe about it.

Won't you join me?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle