The Granny Patch Revisited.

I really didn't want to do it, I didn't want to wade into this silly photoshop/body double war. As most of you already know, Ms. Moore was photographed for the December cover of W magazine. Since the public release of said photo, every Joe Blow Blogger has been spewing their opinion as to the validity/authenticity of this photo.


OBVIOUSLY the freaking pic is photoshopped...ALL magazine cover shots are photoshopped. The voracious appetite we celebrity haters worshippers have for reams of impossibly beautiful photos of our idols practically demands it.


A lot of the blogs are claiming that Demi's head was superimposed on this picture of model Ana Rubjik as she glided down the catwalk in this uber-sexy Balmain dress. Really? Isn't that a bit of a stretch? Frankly, I really don't think Demi's body is so hideous in all it’s middle aged glory that it needs to be completely replaced in order to sell a magazine.



Yes, I know she's *gasp* 47...far too decrepit to rank a cover page according to the misogynists out there who lord over the fashion industry. But in her 40's or not, this woman's body is SICK (for those of you without teenagers, this means something amazing or unbelievable.)


PROOF? An unretouched photo of Demi in a bikini on a recent vacation.




Worse than the killjoys who refuse to give this woman credit for the bod are those who believe she has 'sold out' for allowing her picture to be photoshopped in the first place: "Accept your body and all it's natural beauty", "aging is not to be feared but flaunted proudly", "embrace those wrinkles/stretch marks/brown spots" they proclaim.


Go blow it out your granola crunching ass! As a woman of a certain age, I find myself taking stock of my assets on a fairly regular basis and it’s not pretty. I wish someone would invent some way to photoshop in real time and in the flesh. I’d call it ‘bodyshopping’.



Oooh, I think I'll take off a couple of inches off the waist here, erase this nasty age spot there, lift and plump these funbags just a titch...


The possibilities are endless and the thought makes me positively giddy. Call me shallow and vain; my husband does and I own that. But no one told me this was going to be such a struggle, this aging thing.


I'm especially pissed that NO ONE warned me that as I'm minding my own business, that which declares that I am indeed of the female persuasion would betray me and start to sprout curly GREY hairs!


I have a freaking Granny Patch and I'm not even old enough for my kids to start procreating. My husband has asked that I refrain from using this moniker...it creeps him out. Having my womanly parts wither away before my eyes creeps ME OUT...he should suck it up.


Do they sell hair dye for the ‘short and curlies’? What about 'lip' plumping solution? I haven’t summoned the courage to ask the nice lady who works behind the cosmetics counter at the drugstore yet.


I've said it once and I'll say it again, aging sucks serious ass. Just ask Demi.













Comments

Colleen said…
Ugh. People can be ridiculous. I am daily horrified by all the tiny signs of aging I am constantly noticing. This year has wreaked havoc on my body. And I'm hoping to follow it up with a baby. I'm sure that'll be good for the shallow part of me.

It's a youth obsessed culture where beauty reins supreme. What're you going to do?

Sorry to hear about the granny patch. I do know for a fact that they make dye for that region, AND it is one of the most popular "areas" to have plastic surgery on these days . . .
MiMi said…
I've seen untouched-up pics of Demi and she's freakin' hot! I WISH my body looked that good and I'm younger than her!
Shraddha said…
i so agree with you...

unfortunately i look horrible for any age...sigh..!!


visiting via MBC once again...i already follow via google friend connect...and now am following via networked blogs..if you can follow my facebook fans page and/or google friend connect..i will appreciate..
Staci Dombroski said…
Totally agree with you!!!
Demi looks great, no arguing that point. I also think that they probably used the model pic for Demi's body. Look at her arms, and upper chest, the two pictures are exactly alike. The more I look at the pictures, the more I'm convinced they swapped bodies.

The resulting photo's still looks great, I don't know why they did it, but I think they did do it.
Blasé said…
Photoshop is just plain cheating!
ModernMom said…
Good grief you are hilarous! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and starting following so I can follow right back.
...and Demi, brushed up or not, she is hot. I'd take that bod and I'm ten years younger:)
Nishant said…
I'm sure that'll be good for the shallow part of me.

Work from home India
Denise Burks said…
Do you remember Demi as a round faced teen-ager? My husband always says that having that round bodes well for aging. Well, if Demi is any proof. I'd say that he is right! She has been blessed by birth and, according to the press over the years, she puts in the work. I think she looks amazing.

I've got the round face thing down!

Love your blog (sarcasm with a nice big helping of humor)!

Denise Burks
www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
Michele said…
Granny Patch.... cracked me right up.

My friend and I had this conversation just last week, and apparently there is a hair dye that comes with its very own little matching tube for the curly ones as well. Who knew? :)

Great post. I'm gonna be snickering all day!!! Thanks for the chuckle.
Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like it. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Advertising Team for Promotion & Marketing .I too have submitted my blog in it & getting a good response from it . Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared with my friends hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.
sandy said…
I love demi moore very much. Nice bikini picture
Demi is hawt.
Aging is struggly.
Gray pubes must be pulled.
Aging is struggly and painful.

Popular posts from this blog

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle