Failing Spectacularly

I am my own worse enemy. Week seven in my half marathon training and I am at the same weight, which is 10 pounds more than I want to be. I've downloaded the 'Lose It' app on my iphone, signed up for 100 Push Ups and 200 Sit Ups. But I have utterly, and absolutely fallen off the wagon.

Oh, I still run my scheduled runs four days a week but in between I am filling my face with whatever I want, I followed the 100's programs for exactly three days, and I continue with my nightly glass (or 3) of antioxidants.


Add to that, my running buddy is experiencing the wonders that is a marriage breakdown. Sooo...we packed up our kids and went camping last week. Good intentions put aside, we spent the week eating and drinking away the stresses without fully appreciating that we were only adding to them.

On the plus side, my ever-suffering and supportive hubby bought me a brand new hybrid bike to add to my cross-training efforts. So with new resolve I took off on my new ride and found myself touring through my city; just letting the roads take me where ever they led. Before I knew it, I had been gone for two hours and logged over 30k on my Garmin.

Holy shit! I wish I'd discovered biking during my last training. That rush of speeding down a hill, a little bit afraid but excited at the same time. Exactly what I needed to help me get out of yet another slump.

5k tempo run with my buddy in the 30 degree weather (that's Celsius) will add yet another challenging dimension but hell, maybe I can sweat off some of this lard.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Good luck getting back on track. It happens to all of us. Glad you are enjoying the biking.
Urban Earthworm said…
I have a problem with over feeding myself when I'm working out a lot. It still sounds to me like you're doing awesome (falls from wagons aside). I'm jealous. I still HATE running. Even more jealous of your new bike!
Unknown said…
I hate exercising and its something I need to get over big time. I know its why diets stall on me - I think I need to come and read hear more :) Or maybe I just need to drink some antioxidants nightly and forget the whole thing :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle