Set Backs and Back-up Plans

So, being 42 has definitely proved a challenge when it comes to getting in shape. I have been running steadily for one year now. I have competed in two 10K's, an 8K, a couple of 5k's and a 1/2 marathon in that year. My body has now decided that maybe I've been a bit ambitious.

I have my first stress fracture of the lower tibia. How cool is that? Does this mean that I am officially a RUNNER? I now have battle scars to prove it too!

Now what? I was not prepared for this screeching halt to my running career (temporary though it may be) and in the two weeks I've been sidelined, I've watched my weight begin the insidious creep that tells me I need to DO SOMETHING.

So, just to keep me honest and on track, here is my plan:

Monday: Pole dance class
Tuesday: 20K bike
Wednesday: 20k bike
Thursday: Strength work and water running
Friday: 20k bike
Saturday: water running
Sunday: Strength and bike with family

Here's hoping my appetite stays relatively stable and I can resist that urge for icy drinks on the patio.

Comments

Alicia said…
Hey found ya on SITS...you're a machine!! it's just so dang hard to stay motivated...pole dancing sounds fun though and i bet it's a killer workout! hope you get better soon, come by and say hi anytime!
Unknown said…
I'm so sick of my weight... got some pain issues at the moment and I just keep getting fatter and fatter.

ugh

tracy
I give kudos to anyone that runs. I hate it. I don't run unless something scary is chasing me. Pole dancing sounds like a blast.
Good for you for sticking with working out whatever way you can :D

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle