Keeping my fingers crossed


Well, tonight we shall see if I have rested this darn stress fracture enough. Training for my next 1/2 marathon starts tonight with the Running Room and while I am really looking forward to finally getting back out there, I'm terrified that my leg hasn't fully healed and I'll be faced with the prospect of putting my running on hold longer than I had anticipated.

I've dutifully spent the last few weeks doing everything but lace on my Mizunos and let me tell you, my family is probably more eager to see the ass-end of me running out the door than I am. I am such a BITCH when I don't get that daily run. Biking and swimming just haven't cut it I'm afraid. I'm not sure what it is about running that seems to screw my head back on but I know that I'm not the only one who needs it like a drug.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas to ease the transition, I would love to hear from you.
Happy Trails everyone!

Comments

Alicia said…
I don't have any ideas....I just wanted to say good luck! Hope you're feeling better and that it all goes well!!
Anonymous said…
Good luck! If I am running - someone is chasing me. People who love it baffle me and yet you seem so normal :)
Mike said…
It is amazing how many bloggers are into running! about 5 of my followers talk about running a marathon, in between drinking wine though! LOL!
The only running I do around here is errands, or in my dreams if the Boogie Man is chasing me. LOL

I do want to wish you luck, though. I admire you for being a running addict. I wish I could be that way.

The 'something' about running you mentioned earlier is the result of endorphines. They give you a natural 'high' and a sense of utter accomplishment . . . almost like you're on top of the world with a doctorate. lol

Running releases the most endorphines, compared to other sports. Enjoy them! Endorphines ROCK!

Angela

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle