Whew..I'm back!

With a vengence I might add.

It's been a struggle, I won't lie. I have taken to logging my intake with an App on my iphone called 'Lose It'.

Wow, if you haven't yet taken a couple of days and written down every single morsel that you shove into your gob hole, I highly recommend this humbling experience. Who knew that a single restaurant meal can add up to over 1200 calories or more? I have clearly been kidding myself about how much I've been eating. So, the mystery of the clinging weight has been solved...now it's up to me to try and get a handle on my intake.

I am into Week 4 of my 1/2 marathon training and despite having to RICE after every run due to ongoing grumblings post-injury, it's starting to feel fantastic. I forgot how much I NEED to run. Not only do I need that endorphin rush, but with summer vacation (read: all four kids home all day), crappy weather, and a house that is seriously on the verge of being condemned by the health department, getting out for that run with the group is VITAL to my sanity.

In my quest to complete this training and actually run the 1/2 marathon injury free, I have decided to really focus on adding cross training into my regimen. To that end I have joined up with Running Betty to be able to 100 push ups by the end of July. I'm starting a bit late so will have some catching up to do, but what the hell.

Pushing the Limits July 2009

Head on over and check it out...just think what it will do to your arms and those post-kid boobs!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

I totally forgot about the 100 pushup challenge. I've got to get started on that. Good luck with your 1/2 marathon training.
Alicia said…
hey girl!! so glad you're back!
RunningBetty said…
Thanks for joining the Push Up challenge!
I logged calories on Sparkpeople for a year before I felt comfortable that my eating habits were where they needed to be. Sparkpeople has an IPhone app too. And lots of free exercise videos and recipes. I recommend checking it out if you haven't. (No, i don't work there.)

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle