Sunday Run


I love my Sunday runs. There's nothing better; seriously. Non-runners shake their head when I tell them that I'm out of bed at 5:30 Sunday mornings so I can refuel and rehydrate in preparation for my LDS (long distance slow) run. Believe it on not, it's one of the most relaxing things I do for myself during the week.

Running with a bunch of like-minded (some would say dumb-minded) women, chatting and laughing while running away the week's stresses is a treat that I look forward to. We talk about our errant children, our demanding jobs and our (mostly) understanding husbands. Each week at least one of us is having some sort of mini-crisis that is talked out and figured out by the end of the run.

I really believe that running with a group is beneficial, even mandatory in so many ways. Not only do I get my socializing top-up, I also have a version of group therapy that not only keeps me running even when it's the last thing I want to do, but also supports and encourages me through this thing called life.

The Starbucks at the end of the run is a nice bonus as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle