Gaining and Gaining and Gaining....


I'm not going to do the standard "but I exercise regularly" thing. But seriously, WTF?? I get on the scale everyday--usually more than once a day. Yes, I know that's a bit excessive but it's my OCD, what can I say? Anyway, as I've been obsessively weighing myself, I've been watching that scale keep up ever so slowly until-POW--I'm now up 10lbs since starting my 1/2 marathon training in January.

Obviously I'm eating too much. But I'm damn hungry. I run five days a week; bike two days a week; pole dance once a week; and strength train 2-3 times a week. Can I help it if I don't crave carrot sticks and tofu? Give me the beef, pasta, and bread. It could have something to do with the nightly glass (or three) of red wine. But heck, I only drink it for the healthy anti-oxidants.

So what's a gal to do? I don't diet. It just doesn't work. Tell me I can't have something and I'll eat four of them.

Basically it comes down to this...eat less and move more. Since I'm already moving at maximum capacity I need to stop shovelling the grub into my gob hole in the mountainous quantities I've grown accustomed to. It really should be a no-brainer, and it is..the problem comes when trying use determination and sheer will. I don't know about the rest of you, but when those gingersnap cookies are languishing on my counter, I can't do anything until I inhale those suckers. I swear they call out to my from all corners of the house until I finally give in.

It really never ends does it. I thought that I would care less about my weight as I got older; that I would come to "love the body I have" but that doesn't seem to be the case.


Round and round we go.

Comments

ROFL, love the photo up top!

I feel ya. Trying not to eat something only makes me want more of it. It's terrible. Do consider though, that all that exercise is building muscle which does weigh more than the jiggly stuff. If you are healthy and fit, than I wouldn't worry so much about the #. Stop looking at it!

Popular posts from this blog

The Granny Patch Revisited.

It IS all about ME!

I'll Give You a Bitch Wrinkle